The 2016 Barefoot Walk
May 13th 2016, the London Youth Social Justice Committee are bringing you THE 9TH ANNUAL BAREFOOT WALK!
The Barefoot Walk was created based on a question; they say to understand someone you have to walk a mile in their shoes, but what if they don’t have any? This year, over 2000 students are expected to participate and help stomp out poverty. Participants will raise money and walk around Victoria Park barefoot in support of local and international charities.
The 2016 Barefoot Walk will feature a 1-hour show from 10:30am-11:30am, which will aim to entertain, inspire, and raise awareness for the millions of people worldwide whose basic needs are not being met. Our main objective is to empower youth to make a positive impact in their local and global community, and provide them with the resources to become involved citizens.
On the morning of May 13th, registration will begin at 9:00 am, and on stage performances at 10:00 am. Participants are required to raise a minimum donation of $10 for a Barefoot Walk Cause of their choice. Additionally, a $4 registration fee per school participant (not including Educators!) will be required. Lunch will be provided for all registered participants with a signed donation form. All students who raise over $100 will receive a free Barefoot Walk t-shirt!
Registration for individuals as well as groups can be done on this website. Further information regarding volunteering, media, fundraising and sponsors can be found in the above menu.
The Barefoot Walk hopes to see you May 13th, 2016 as this year is bigger than ever and we all know; one moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world!
- Friday, May 13th, 2016
- Registration: 9:00am-10:00am
- Walk: 12:00 pm
- Victoria Park – 509 Clarence St – London, ON
- Motivational Speakers, Performing Artists and local talent!
- A Barefoot Walk around Victoria Park, pizza lunch and much more!
- To raise awareness about the 2.8 billion people who live on less than $2 a day.
- To learn that there is something that can be done to make a difference.
- To raise money for various local and global charitable organizations.
- Come and walk with us at Victoria Park on Friday, May 13th!
- Collect donations from friends and family or make a donation towards someone else walking.
- Educate yourself and others about social justice issues around the world.
- Become a corporate sponsor! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org