Become a Sponsor!
Help make The Barefoot Walk on May 9th possible! Our sponsors kindly cover the costs of over 2000 participant lunches every year, our equipment rentals, travel and accommodation for our inspiring speakers, participant giveaways, and more!
JOIN US FRIDAY MAY 9TH, 2014!
Join Spencer West, Hannah Alper, Saidat, Neverest, Sydney Brouillard-Coyle and more for a day of inspiration and fun! Register yourself, school or community group today for the 2014 Barefoot Walk on May 9th! More details below.
The 2014 Barefoot Walk
The Barefoot Walk was created based on a question; they say to understand someone you have to walk a mile in their shoes, but what if they don’t have any? This year like many years before, over 1800 students already have registered to help stomp out poverty. Participants will raise funds and walk a mile around Victoria Park barefoot in support of local and international charities.
In the morning, participants will be inspired by guest speakers including this year’s host, Saidat Vandenberg, Free The Children‘s executive director Scott Baker, Sydney Brouillard-Coyle, and London’s own Pillar Nonprofit Network . Closing the day is the We Create Change Tour! The tour is featuring eleven-year old eco-activist Hannah Alper, the Canadian pop-rock band NEVEREST, and Me to We’s very own Spencer West!
On the morning of May 9th, registration will begin at 9:30 am, and on stage performances at 10:30 am. Lunch will be provided for all registered participants with a signed donation form, and all students who raise over $100 will receive a free 2014 Barefoot Walk t-shirt!
Registration for individuals as well as groups can be done on this website. Further information regarding volunteering, media, fundraising and sponsors can be found in the above menu.
The committee hopes to see you May 9th as this year is bigger than ever and we all know; one moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one like can change the world!
- Friday May 9th, 2014
- Registration: 9:30am-10:30am
- Walk: 11:45am
- Victoria Park - 509 Clarence St – London, ON
- Motivational Speakers including Spencer West, Hannah Alper, Saidat, and Neverest.
- A Barefoot Walk around Victoria Park, FREE pizza lunch and much more!
- To raise awareness about the 2.4 billion people who live on less han $2 a day.
- To learn that there is something that can be done to make a difference.
- To raise money for various local and global charitable organizations.
- Come and walk with us at Victoria Park on Friday May 9th!
- Collect donations from friends and family or make a donation towards someone else walking.
- Educate yourself and others about social justice issues around the world.
- Become a corporate sponsor! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org